By driving a Connected Car, you will collect interesting data about yourself and the vehicle you drive. If you wish to do so, you can easily share the data with third parties via the Drivers Portal, in order to take advantage of the most innovative Services at this very moment.
The data from the device in your Connected Car and the personal data you provide us with, will be securely stored on our platform. That is where we protect it for you. We feel that your privacy is extremely important and therefore we will always handle your data with the utmost care and security. Of course, we make sure that we satisfy the requirements set by the privacy legislation.
IN ADVANCE: GOOD TO KNOW!
a. Your data can easily be viewed and managed within the Drivers Portal. With the easy-to-use swipe-on and swipe-off system, you will be able to conveniently share your data with the parties that you find interesting. By doing so, you can benefit from discounts and enjoy the most innovative Services, specifically tailored to meet your needs and wishes. Have you changed your mind? You can stop sharing your data with the same ease, at any time you wish.
b. Via the Drivers Portal, you can view and edit your personal information by yourself. You can also easily adjust your privacy preferences, as often as you want. If you wish to view, correct or delete any other personal data, please feel free to contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that the data deleted by us cannot be recovered!
c. If you do not want to use our services any longer, you can always delete your account via the Drivers Portal (under ‘My Account’). Please note that the device will continue to send (depersonalised) vehicle data to our platform if you leave it sitting in your car!
1. WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS FOR YOU?
1.1 DATA YOU PROVIDE US WITH
a. In order to be able to use our services, we’ll need a few details from you. During the registration, we ask you to provide us with the following data, so that we can create an account and we can safely match your vehicle with you:
- Name *
- Date of birth
- Mail address *
- Phone number (mobile) *
- Number of your passport or identity card *
The data marked with an asterisk (*) above, are needed to ensure that the correct vehicle will be matched to the correct person. The other fields are not required to fill out, but would be convenient, e.g. to see which language you speak. Please note that only your name, mail address and phone number are required once the workshop has matched your vehicle with you. This data will, for instance, be needed to log in and to contact you in case of important changes. From that moment onward, you can delete all other data you provided us with during the registration, via the Drivers Portal (under ‘My Account’).
b. If you contact us (for example, by filling in the contact form on our website), we will process the data you provided us with, in order to be able to provide you with the fastest and most reliable service.
c. The data mentioned above will be held only for the time needed to provide you with our services and to be able to respond quickly to questions that may arise after the service has been provided.
1.2 DATA FROM THE DEVICE IN YOUR CONNECTED CAR
a. In order for you to take advantage of our services or the Services from one of the Service Providers on the Drivers Portal, we process the data being generated by from the device in your Connected Car. Among others, the following data can be collected from the device:
- (Technical) vehicle data to provide you with insight in the condition of your vehicle. We also record your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) if your vehicle provides it;
- Location data from your vehicle in order to be able to help you as quickly as possible if your vehicle unexpectedly breaks down on the road;
- Data concerning the usage of the vehicle, such as speed, acceleration and braking behaviour, to provide you with useful tips to drive even better and to save costs;
- Trouble codes, to get you back on the road again as quickly as possible in case of a breakdown.
The data originating from the device will be processed to give you access to the services you chose, and to tailor those services specifically to meet your needs and wishes. As a result, you can always use the services that perfectly match to your situation. The data will be encrypted and linked to a pseudo-id. Hence, your data will be well secured and depersonalised at all times.
b. The data mentioned above will be held only for the time needed to provide you with the Services you chose and to be able to respond quickly to questions that may arise after the service has been provided.
1.3 USE OF THE DATA FOR OTHER PURPOSES
a. The data mentioned supra 1.1 and 1.2 can also be used to improve and further develop our services, to properly perform administrative tasks and to comply with legal obligations.
b. In addition, we can use depersonalised data (like the average travelling time for all drivers with a Connected Car) for analysis purposes
2. SHARING PERSONAL DATA
a. Your data will not be shared with any third parties, unless you have selected to share your data with a Service Provider to avail yourself of the Services you like. You can easily do so using the swipe-on and swipe-off system within the Drivers Portal. In case you choose to share your data, only the data needed for that specific Service, as indicated on the Drivers Portal, will be shared with the Service Provider chosen by you. Hence, you are always fully in control of your data! And have you changed your mind? You can stop sharing your data with the same ease, at any time you wish.
c. In addition to what is described in subparagraph a) above, your data will also be shared if:
- an affiliate or external contractor processes the data on our behalf, in which case the protection of the data and the compliance with the privacy legislation will be ensured through an underlying data processing agreement;
- we (in an exceptional case) are obliged to transfer the data on the grounds of a legal obligation, judicial order or at the demand of a competent authority. In such a case, we will never transfer more data than is strictly necessary. If possible and legally permitted we will inform you of such an obligation;
- a purchase, merger, reorganisation, termination or a similar event takes place, where the data are part of the transmittable data. In such a case, we will timely inform you and grant you the opportunity to adjust your privacy preferences.
a. The data originating from the device in your Connected Car will be collected and processed with devices and processes that are suitable to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the data.
b. The data originating from the device in your Connected Car and the personal data that you provide us with, will be stored on our platform. We take the protection of your data very seriously. Therefore, we have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect our platform and your data against accidental loss or abuse. We not only adhere to the privacy legislation, but also to the standards of ISO 27001. Your data will be linked to a pseudo-id and encrypted with high-end encryption software. Furthermore, the data originating from the device will not be transmitted through the internet, but through a secured private network. From time to time, we will assess the adopted measures and adjust them to the state of the technique.
4. OTHER PROVISIONS
2. We ensure that your data will not be stored in, nor transmitted to countries outside of the European Union.
CONTACT DETAILS CROSSYN
Crossyn Automotive B.V.
Burgemeester Brokxlaan 12
5041 SB Tilburg
T: +31 85 015 0041